Friday, November 11, 2011

AJ's Evaluation at Yale

I've been holding my breath, not wanting to write another post, hoping this post would be about how valuable we were to Yale because we had identical twins and only 1 had autism. That does happen 30% of the time, but not for our boys.

 On our wedding day the officiant asked for a moment of silence. She asked that everyone direct their prayers, kind words & good vibes towards Drew & I. She said that during hard times we could draw upon that moment, feel all of the love that surrounded us on that day and use it to help us get through the challenges we would face during our life together. I thought about that on the way home from Yale this week, when we learned that AJ also has Autism. It was the first time I really grabbed on to that moment and I was surprised at how much comfort it gave me.

 I don't really have much else to day today. In an odd way I am relieved. That must sound awful. I just can't imagine what it would be like to have 2 children that look identical and only 1 has special needs. What it would be like for each of them. No doubt they will never be alone, because they have each other. That would have been the case either way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Treysar, thanks for visiting over at my blog. Hugs to you, I remember the early days quite well. It's a long road and a huge learning curve, but trust that you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying hello because I am the mom of identicl twin boys with autism. I saw your comment on KAL's blog. just wanted to send some autism twin mom best wishes. My twins are pretty severely affected, but also smart, loveable and always up to something! Hang in there...it's so challenging but also fascinating and rewarding.
    Just my two cents,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete